Parma / Stadio Ennio Tardini

Parma / Grana Padana
Viale Partigiani d'Italia, 1 43123 Parma, Italy

History and description

Stadio Ennio Tardini was built in the 1920s at the initiative of club president Ennio Tardini, who however died before the stadium was completed. It was consequently decided to name the stadium in his honour.

Stadio Ennio Tardini officially opened on the 16th of September 1923. Back then it was a small oval-shaped stadium that had a running track circling the pitch.

The stadium got gradually expanded in the following decades, however remained a modest stadium. It was only when Parma became more successful in the late 1980s that the stadium was properly developed.

Between 1990 and 1993, three of the four stands were completely renovated, starting with the Petitot Stand in 1990, and followed by the North and South Curves in 1992 and 1993. The running track got built over, resulting in the stadium’s current rectangular shape.